Thursday 12 July 2012

The 'Snake' Stitch

Hello all!

I have been trying to come up with something a bit different recently - something people haven't seen before and last weekend whilst playing with my hook and some yarn I came up with a really interesting variation on the crocodile stitch.

I wrote a pattern for a neck warmer/scarf based upon this discovery and on Monday I popped it onto Ravelry to be tested!  It was one of my three wonderful testers who commented that the stitch 'snaked' it's way down, accross, up and accross creating lovely S shaped ruffles and so the 'Snake' stitch was born.

I'm not so big headed to think that I've come up with something brand new, in fact I'm sure that somewhere in the history of crochet this stitch has been discovered previously and named something else!  But suffice to say I'm very happy with my new pattern and the shawl I'm currently working on that uses the stitch in a slightly different way.

Below are a couple of photo's of the neck warmer's I have made and here's the link to the pattern on Ravelry for further info - Snake Stitch Neck Warmer or Scarf

I hope you like it!  Comments welcome as always!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment